All Submissions are closed.
We are currently not accepting submissions. Submissions will open back up mid-2022.
What Are We Looking For?
Here at Fractured Mirror Publishing, we are looking for novels that fall into the speculative fiction category. This is a large category including, but not limited to, dystopian, fantasy, and sci-fi genres.
But, what exactly are we looking for?
At the moment we would love to see:
1) Books that feature diverse voices. We believe that literature, even fantastical literature, should reflect experiences and voices and lives from all types of people, so we are especially excited for diverse authors, characters, and voices.
2) Books that feature characters who break the mold, heroes that aren't what they seem, villains that are complex. We want characters who are strong and flawed and weak and daring. We want characters who aren't always good or bad and characters that challenge us to look at the world differently.
3) Books for adults and young adults. We will consider some Middle-Grade novels as well.
4) Either stand-alone books or ones that are part of a series.
At the moment we are not accepting:
1) We are not looking for poetry, nonfiction, memoirs, or children's books. While we plan to open up a division for children's books, we are not equipped to handle those now.
2) Short stories (other than for the anthology). We do have a couple of ideas for short story collections in the works, but we will let you know when we are accepting those submissions.
How to Submit:
To submit, please send query letters to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the subject line, please write: QUERY: [TITLE OF NOVEL]
In addition to your query letter, please include the first five pages of your novel. However, DO NOT include attachments, as we will not open them.
We strive to answer all queries personally, but to do this, responses will take 3-4 weeks.
If we are interested in reading more, we will ask for the first 50 pages, and should we want more after that, we will ask for the entire manuscript.
If we choose to pass at any step in the querying process, our goal is to provide some feedback on what we have read.